Usually this time of the pre-Festival notifications include reminders to bring sunscreen and lots of water. Unfortunately, if the weather predictions hold true for tomorrow, we are better off reminding everyone to bring an umbrella.
While it looks very likely that we WILL see some rain at some point during the day, we are hoping that the showers will hold off till late in the evening. If they don’t, our plan is to keep going in the park for as long as we can, sheltering under tents if it’s raining and at the Fire House if there’s thunder/lightning, until the storm has passed and we can resume action again.
Please look for weather-related updates on our Festival Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rhhometownfestival/
Festival tees are in and ready for pickup (for pre-orders) or purchase at the Round Hill Town Office from 8:30-4:30 p.m. tomorrow, Thursday and Friday. They will also be available for sale at the information table at the Town Park on Saturday starting before the parade.Shirts are $12.50 each for size youth small through adult XL. Size 2X and 3X are $14. Cash or check only at the park, please.
We encourage those who can do so to walk or bike to the Festival. If this is not possible, limited Festival parking is available in the Round Hill Baptist Church and Round Hill United Methodist Church parking lots. Please save any spots available behind Tammy’s Diner for those needing handicapped access.
The Festival Committee is pleased to welcome the following restaurants and organizations as our food vendors for this year’s Festival:
* Tammy’s Diner, serving hotdogs, sausage, chips, soda at lunchtime
* RHVFD, hosting their annual pig roast with pulled pork sandwiches — starting in the morning till they’re gone!
* HomeGrown Foodie truck, featuring grilled cheese sandwiches and more, for lunch and dinner
* The Wandering Chef will offer TexMex options for lunch and dinner
* The Mount Zion Baptist Church will be frying fish to order in the park for dinner
Snack options include:
* RH United Methodist Church’s bake sale
* The Boy Scouts. selling bottled water, cotton candy, jerky, and freeze pops
* The Woodgrove High School Color Guard will offer a selection of soda/and chips
Starting at 5 p.m., beer from Lost Rhino and BChord and wine from Northgate will be available for purchase in the Town Park. Please bring ID.
From the 5k in the morning to the concert in the evening, there’s something for everyone at the Round Hill Hometown Festival. JUST ONE WEEK AWAY!