Congratulations to everyone who raced in the Festival 5k on Saturday! It was an especially hot and humid morning, so we know all these results are hard-won!
Our overall race winners were Rylan Pettit and Mary Smith, with times of 17:18 and 21:09. Full results are below:
Round Hill 5k – age division results
Round Hill 5k – overall results
* Note: Due to human error on the timing team’s behalf, a small fraction (less than 10%) of the results may not be fully accurate, particularly those runners who came in around the 23-minute mark. We apologize for any confusion and inconvenience this may cause.
These photos and more are posted in an album on the Festival’s Facebook page. Check them out at www.facebook.com/rhhometownfestival/.
Usually this time of the pre-Festival notifications include reminders to bring sunscreen and lots of water. Unfortunately, if the weather predictions hold true for tomorrow, we are better off reminding everyone to bring an umbrella.
While it looks very likely that we WILL see some rain at some point during the day, we are hoping that the showers will hold off till late in the evening. If they don’t, our plan is to keep going in the park for as long as we can, sheltering under tents if it’s raining and at the Fire House if there’s thunder/lightning, until the storm has passed and we can resume action again.
Please look for weather-related updates on our Festival Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rhhometownfestival/
Festival tees are in and ready for pickup (for pre-orders) or purchase at the Round Hill Town Office from 8:30-4:30 p.m. tomorrow, Thursday and Friday. They will also be available for sale at the information table at the Town Park on Saturday starting before the parade.Shirts are $12.50 each for size youth small through adult XL. Size 2X and 3X are $14. Cash or check only at the park, please.
We encourage those who can do so to walk or bike to the Festival. If this is not possible, limited Festival parking is available in the Round Hill Baptist Church and Round Hill United Methodist Church parking lots. Please save any spots available behind Tammy’s Diner for those needing handicapped access.
The Festival Committee is pleased to welcome the following restaurants and organizations as our food vendors for this year’s Festival:
* Tammy’s Diner, serving hotdogs, sausage, chips, soda at lunchtime
* RHVFD, hosting their annual pig roast with pulled pork sandwiches — starting in the morning till they’re gone!
* HomeGrown Foodie truck, featuring grilled cheese sandwiches and more, for lunch and dinner
* The Wandering Chef will offer TexMex options for lunch and dinner
* The Mount Zion Baptist Church will be frying fish to order in the park for dinner
Snack options include:
* RH United Methodist Church’s bake sale
* The Boy Scouts. selling bottled water, cotton candy, jerky, and freeze pops
* The Woodgrove High School Color Guard will offer a selection of soda/and chips
Starting at 5 p.m., beer from Lost Rhino and BChord and wine from Northgate will be available for purchase in the Town Park. Please bring ID.
From the 5k in the morning to the concert in the evening, there’s something for everyone at the Round Hill Hometown Festival. JUST ONE WEEK AWAY!
There’s just one more week to pre-register for the Round Hill Hometown Festival 5k on Saturday, May 26.
Pre-registration includes a Festival t-shirt and is $20 for youth and members of an organized group (20 or more runners) and $25 for adults aged 18 and up. Pre-registration closes Tuesday, May 22. Day-of registrations begin at 7 a.m. at Round Hill Elementary School and will be $30 for all ages; cash or check only, please.
Pre-register online at http://roundhillva.org/hometown-festival-order-form/