Pre-registration for the 18th Annual* Hometown Festival 5k is live at https://www.roundhillva.org/residents/webforms/hometown-festival-5k-registration-form. The fee is $30 for adults and $25 for youth under $18. A Festival t-shirt is included for pre-registered runners; sizes cannot be guaranteed after May 1.
Groups of 20 or more may receive a discounted fee if registered prior to May 1. Contact our race coordinator, Tom Duggan, at 703-408-4084 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Online registration closes at 5 p.m. on Tuesday, May 24. Race day registration begins at 7:00 a.m. at Round Hill Elementary School. The fee is $35/racer for all ages. Cash or check only, please.
HOMETOWN FESTIFALL 5K 2021 RESULTS:
RACE TIME: 8:00 a.m.
Dust off those running shoes and start getting in shape now for the annual Hometown Festival 5K Run.
The 5K race starts and finishes at Round Hill Elementary School, 17115 Evening Star Drive, Round Hill, Virginia, 20141.
The course is described below.
Trophies will be awarded to the first overall male and female finishers in the 5K. Medals will be awarded to the top two male and female finishers in each of the following age group classes: 11 and under, 12–17, 18–29, 30–39, 40–49, 50–59, and over 60.
The Kids 1/2-mile Fun Run will be held on the elementary school track immediately following the conclusion of the 5K, typically about 9:15 a.m. Participants in the Fun Run will receive ribbons.
Event to be held rain or shine.
Registration for Groups of 20 or more Runners: Runners participating as part of an organized group may pre-register together for $20/runner. Registrations include a T-shirt while supplies last. Please register your group with Tom Duggan at email@example.com. Additional information for groups:
- The group must provide a representative who will compile the list of runners and provide the information in a spreadsheet, to be provided by the race organizer.
- Groups must also provide one volunteer per 20 runners to help on the day of the race.
- No race-day registrations will be accepted for group runners. Anyone who arrives to register on race-day will pay the full amount, even if they are part of the group.
- Group rep will coordinate with race organizer to pick up the group’s box with participants’ race packets.
- Start at Round Hill Elementary School.
- Proceed on Evening Star Drive toward Woodgrove Road
- Left on Woodgrove
- Right onto Hampton
- Left onto Longstreet Road
- Left around the sharp curve onto High Street
- Right onto Main Street
- Turnaround at the Post Office
- Proceed directly up Main Street/Woodgrove Road all the way to Evening Star
- Right onto Evening Star
- Left into the bus loop at RHES and 3/4 around the bus loop to the finish
As the race proceeds through town, the following roads will be closed:
- Evening Star Drive at the school bus loop. Traffic WILL be allowed to proceed up the hill on Evening Star Drive and turn left onto Park View Heights where it meets the bus loop. Essentially, half the intersection will be closed with a diagonal barrier.
- The second intersection of Evening Star and Park Heights
- Intersection of Evening Star and Woodgrove Road
- Intersection of Woodgrove Road and McLean Court
- Intersection of Woodgrove Road and Greenwood Drive
- Intersection of Woodgrove and Hampton Road
- All intersections along Longstreet
- Access to the Round Hill Center
- Intersection of High Street and N. Locust
- Intersection of High and Main Streets
- Main Street from its intersection with Business Rt. 7 all the way along Woodgrove to Evening Star Drive.
Intersections will open as the last runner passes them. Remember, some will be passed twice.
An alternate route for people coming from Hillsboro would be to turn at Bell Road and proceed that way. People coming from Purcellville headed toward Hillsboro may use Bell Road also.
Volunteers will be needed the day of the race. If you can help out, please contact Tom Duggan at the address below.