Registration for the Hometown Festival 5k is now live at http://roundhillva.org/hometown-festival-order-form/. Registration through Tuesday, May 22, is $20 for youth under 18 and $25 for adults. Race day registration is $30 for all ages and must be paid by cash or check. Pre-registration includes a Festival t-shirt.
Groups of 20 or more may register together for $20/runner. Please contact race coordinator Tom Duggan at email@example.com to sign your group up.
Racers, take your mark! Online registration for the Round Hill 5k will be live soon. We are having some technical difficulty with the form, but hope to be online by the end of the weekend. In the meantime, paper registrations (5K_flier-18) can be printed out and delivered to the Town Office.
The 16th Annual Hometown Festival will be held on Saturday, May 26, 2018. Planning is underway now! If you would like to be part of the best day of the year in Round Hill, let us know! We are looking for individual and business sponsors as well as volunteers to make the day run smoothly. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you would like to help!
Congratulations to the winners of our pie-eating contest!
Round 1 Youth: Trinity Y.
Round 2 Youth: Quinn Z.
Round 3 Teen: Braeden W.
Round 4 Adult (plus teens): Keagan L.
Round 5 Celebrity: Todd Hartley of Hartley Home Exteriors
Todd out-ate his nearest competitor by almost 200 grams!
Thank you to Hartley Home Exteriors and Savoir Fare Catering for sponsoring the contest again this year!
Congratulations to the 214 runners who finished the Round Hill Hometown Festival 5k yesterday! The results are posted below, both by age group and overall finish order. Thank you all for coming out and joining the fun. Mark your calendars now for next year’s race — Saturday, May 26, 2018!
Round Hill 5k by age groups
Round Hill 5k by finish order
There will be LOTS of food options at the Hometown Festival on Saturday including:
– Pulled pork barbecue sandwiches from the Round Hill Volunteer Fire Department’s annual pig roast
– Sausages, hot dogs, hamburgers and ice cream from Tammy’s Diner
– Pizza and calzones from Anthony’s
– Pastichio, sandwiches and subs, spanakopita, tiropita and tzatziki from My Greek Deli
– Gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches, pork tacos, and tomato basil pie from the Homegrown Foodie Truck. Kids’ classic grilled cheese sandwiches will also be available, along with a gluten-free s’mores pie.
– Freshly fried fish sandwiches from Mt. Zion Baptist Church (dinner hours only)
Snacks, drinks and baked goods will be available from the Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Woodgrove High School Color Guard and Round Hill United Methodist Church.