The Round Hill Hometown Festival is a full day of family-friendly fun in the heart of the small western Loudoun County town of Round Hill, Virginia. Held on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend in the Town Park on East Loudoun Street, the Festival features a slate of activities, including:
- 5k and Children’s Fun Run
- Parade (see info below)
- Memorial Ceremony
- Entertainment in the Town Park
- Youth Stage and Children’s Fair at Round Hill Baptist Church
- Pie-eating Contest
- Cornhole Tournament and Silent Auction
- Downhill Derby
- Community Dinner in the Park
- Evening Concert
All the activities are free and the entire Round Hill community is invited! Click here for the full schedule of activities throughout the day.
Food and Drink
Thanks to the following local vendors, there’s no need to leave the Festival to find something to eat or drink during the day.
* Bilstad’s Beignets (and coffee!) before and during the parade, in “downtown” Round Hill, close to the Exxon
* RHVFD Pig Roast (pulled-pork sandwiches)
* Tammy’s Diner (sausages, hot dogs on the grill, ice cream and funnel cake sticks)
* C’est Bon by Savoir Fare (berry/goat cheese/mixed green salad, seafood tortellini salad with tarragon vinaigrette, chicken salad platter, grilled flank steak salad platter, desserts, drinks)
* The Roaming Coyote food truck (Mexican specialties) @ the RH Baptist Church
* The Salt Pot Kitchen @ the Round Hill Town Park (British meat pies, sausage rolls, pasties starting at 2 p.m.; PLUS fish & chips and chicken tenders & chips starting at 5 p.m.)
* Savoir Fare on the corner of Main and Loudoun Street (salads, chicken and andouille sausage gumbo, muffalettas, desserts, drinks)
* Mr. Falafel food truck @ the Round Hill Exxon (shawarma, gyros and of course, falafel!)
* Williams Gap Vineyard
* Dirt Farm Brewery
Serving to those 21 and up in the Town Park starting at 3 p.m.
* Bottled water, sodas and snacks for sale at booths run by the WHS GSA and to benefit the Round Hill Community Garden
While most people prefer to walk or bike to the Festival, those who need to bring their cars, general parking will be available at the following locations:
- Round Hill United Methodist Church (11 W. Loudoun Street)
- Round Hill Town Office and NGSC (21 and 23 Main Street)
- Round Hill Center (20 High Street)
- Round Hill Elementary School (17115 Evening Star Drive)
Handicapped parking will be available at West Loudoun Repair (5 W. Loudoun Street).
Entertainers in the Town Park are invited to park at C’est Bon (4 W. Loudoun Street) and Youth Stage Entertainers may park in the side lot of the Round Hill Baptist Church (9 W. Loudoun Street)
Please DO NOT park in private business lots except where noted above, or along the 5k or parade routes, or on North Locust Street (which would impede the Downhill Derby).
Road Closures: 5k and Parade Route
Round Hill residents should be aware of moving road closures in and around Town due to the Hometown Festival 5k and Parade. Roads along both routes (pictured below) will be closed immediately in advance of each event and will be reopened as the last runner/final parade entrant passes through.
General timing of impacts will be approximately 7:45-8:45 a.m. for the 5k and 8:30-10:45 for the parade. Residents and visitors are asked to refrain from parking cars on the side of the road along either route between early Saturday morning and the conclusion of the parade.
The 5k begins and ends at Round Hill Elementary School. The parade begins on Evening Star Drive, and then winds through Mountain Valley and Greenwood Commons, Hillwood Estates and the old part of Round Hill.
Parade registration and line up begins at 8:15 a.m. At 9:30 a.m., the parade heads west and then south on Evening Star Drive, east on Collington, south on Jackson, east on Pickett, north on Longstreet, east on Hampton, south on Main, east on Loudoun to Town Park.
The 5k and parade both take place rain or shine.
Register for the parade online through www.roundhillparade.info.
You must be logged in to post a comment.