The Round Hill Hometown Festival is a full day of family-friendly fun in the heart of the small western Loudoun County town of Round Hill, Virginia. Held on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend in the Town Park on East Loudoun Street, the Festival features a slate of activities, including:
- 5k and Children’s Fun Run
- Parade (see info below)
- Memorial Ceremony
- Entertainment in the Town Park
- Youth Stage and Children’s Fair at Round Hill Baptist Church
- Pie-eating Contest
- Downhill Derby
- Community Dinner in the Park
- Evening Concert
All the activities are free and the entire Round Hill community is invited! Click here for the full schedule of activities throughout the day.
Food and Drink
Thanks to the following local vendors, there’s no need to leave the Festival to find something to eat or drink during the day.
* RHVFD Pig Roast (pulled-pork sandwiches)
* Tammy’s Diner (sausages, hot dogs on the grill)
* C’est Bon by Savoir Fare (assorted salads: berry | seafood | chicken)
* Chef Justin Garrison in the Town Park
* The Salt Pot Kitchen @ the Round Hill Exxon (British meat pies, sausage rolls, pasties)
* Savoir Fare/C’est Bon desserts for sale on the corner outside Savoir Fare
* Williams Gap Vineyard
* Dirt Farm Brewery
* Henway Hard Ciders
Serving to those 21 and up in the Town Park
* Bake sale @ Round Hill Baptist Church by the Woodgrove High School Outlander (11 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
* Bottled water, sodas and snacks for sale at booths run by Girl Scout Troops 1420 and 6287 (@ the Round Hill Exxon) and the Woodgrove Music and Arts Association (@ the Round Hill Baptist Church)
While most people prefer to walk or bike to the Festival, those who need to bring their cars, general parking will be available at the following locations:
- Round Hill United Methodist Church (11 W. Loudoun Street)
- Round Hill Town Office and NGSC (21 and 23 Main Street)
- Round Hill Center (20 High Street)
- Round Hill Elementary School (17115 Evening Star Drive)
Road Closures: 5k and Parade Route
Round Hill residents should be aware of moving road closures in and around Town due to the Hometown Festival 5k and Parade. Roads along both routes (pictured below) will be closed immediately in advance of each event and will be reopened as the last runner/final parade entrant passes through.
General timing of impacts will be approximately 7:45-8:45 a.m. for the 5k and 8:30-10:45 for the parade.
Residents and visitors are asked to refrain from parking cars on the side of the road along either route between early Saturday morning and the conclusion of the parade.
The 5k begins and ends at Round Hill Elementary School. The parade begins on Greenwood Drive, adjacent to Niels Poulsen Park, and then winds through Greenwood Commons, Hillwood Estates and the old part of Round Hill.
Parade registration and line up begins at 8:15 a.m. At 9:30 a.m., the parade heads west on Greenwood Drive, across Main Street to Lee Drive, south on Jackson, east on Pickett, north on Longstreet, east on Hampton, south on Main, east on Loudoun to Town Park.
The 5k and parade both take place rain or shine.
Register for the parade online through www.roundhillparade.info.