While we are hoping we dodge the wet bullet yet again this year, it looks like Mother Nature may have other plans. The good news is that it looks like the skies *should* be clear for the 5k, parade, and Memorial Ceremony, and hopefully through at least the pie-eating contest. Things get a little dicey in the mid-afternoon. We will be watching the forecast VERY closely in the next 24 hours.
Consequently, we feel it’s prudent to let everyone know what happens in case we have to seek drier ground, especially in the mid- to late-afternoon/evening:
* 5k — run rain or shine
* Parade — run rain or shine
* Any impacted stage entertainment, including Memorial Ceremony — moved to the Round Hill Elementary School gym/cafeteria
* Pie contest — held at RHES
* Downhill derby — cancelled if the road is wet
* Food — we hope vendors will be able to set up either inside the RHES cafeteria or in tents just outside the door
* Beer/wine — is NOT allowed at the school so must be cancelled
ANY CHANGES TO THE SCHEDULE WILL BE POSTED PROMINENTLY ON THIS PAGE, THE FESTIVAL FACEBOOK PAGE AND ON SIGNS IN THE TOWN PARK. So please keep checking back here for the most up-to-date information.
It is our strong desire to keep everything going at the park **if at all possible** — even if we have to shut the stage down for an hour or two mid-day to let a scattered storm pass.
However, if the storms move in and appear to be here to stay though the evening, we may need to shut down at the park and relocate to Round Hill Elementary School. If this has to happen, we hope to make the move between 3-5 p.m. so that we can set up dinner and the evening entertainment inside. The Immortals and Blue Country Revival would then play in the school gym/auditorium. We hope we will still have a large crowd join us for the fun!